After a heart attack, it’s important to make lifestyle changes, including a heart-healthy diet. The foods you eat can have a big impact on your recovery and overall heart health. Here are some foods to eat and avoid after a heart attack:
Foods to Eat:
- Fruits and Vegetables: These are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Whole Grains: These include whole wheat, brown rice, and oats, and can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Lean Proteins: Choose lean sources of protein, such as fish, chicken, and legumes.
- Nuts and Seeds: These are high in healthy fats and can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Low-Fat Dairy: Choose low-fat milk, cheese, and yogurt to help reduce cholesterol levels.
Foods to Avoid:
- Saturated and Trans Fats: These are found in high-fat meats, fried foods, and baked goods, and can raise cholesterol levels.
- Sodium: Too much salt can raise blood pressure, which can increase the risk of heart disease.
- Processed Foods: These are often high in sodium, sugar, and unhealthy fats.
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverages: These can increase the risk of diabetes, which is a risk factor for heart disease.
- Alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart disease.
In addition to making dietary changes, it’s important to work with your doctor and follow their recommendations for medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercise and stress management. By making these changes, you can help reduce the risk of future heart problems and improve your overall health.
Dr. Amjads Best Cardiac Surgeon in Mumbai. Do you need any consultants Book You Appointment Todays